This is a group project in which you will team up with 3 or 4 of your classmates and give a fifteen minute slide presentation to the class. Your group will be assigned an artist in which you must:
1) Give brief background about the artist’s life
2) Speak about the form, content and context of one or more artworks by the artist.
3) Have at least 3 images by the artist in your presentation
4) Reference at least one book. Research can be done online, but you will need go to a library and find book(s) that reference the artist. A one page typed bibliography (Author, Title, Publisher, Date of Publication) is due on the day of your talk.
5) Have your images in jpeg format and on a cd or thumb drive. Check the images on another computer to make sure they are readable (please do not create a powerpoint presentation, images can be lost when doing so).
Artists will be selected randomly by your group
1) Maya Lin
2) Christo and Jeanne-Claude
3) Ai Weiwei
4) Salvador Dali
5) Frida Kahlo
6) Chris Burden
7) Pablo Picasso
8 ) Banksy
9) Andy Warhol
10) Georgia O’Keefe
11) Joseph William Mallord Turner
12) Jackson Pollock
13) Maurizio Cattelan
14) Eva Hesse